Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Magnify yourself

There are usually two ways in life, the way that seems right and the right way.

I sat for hours, days and weeks thinking of what to write and how to write what would be a true expression of myself. Myself and how I have felt and been for the past couple of months. There are usually two ways in life, the way that seems right and the right way. I used those two terms, because there are paths that are not options. Not because they don't seem right but because they are not options that we would consider so they simply do not count. Now the problem is the time it takes to come to the decision on which path to take. For the last three or so months, I have stayed at the crossroads for the past three months and have literally watched my life fall apart, not because of what I did, but because of what I didn't do. In those three months, things I thought not important became important and things I held dear became rather unimportant. Indecision led to less study, less worship, less prayer, less dependence on God, more thinking, more flirting with the world and more time accepting that sitting at that point, "just chilling", was the right thing to do. In "just chilling", I began to compare what I didn't have with what others had and I began to long for it, long for them, forgetting and forsaking what I have and what I had. Sitting in church yesterday, even after I had started writing this post, I realized one thing exposed even more by a scripture shared in church by the pastor. In sitting down, in comparing myself with others, in wanting what they had that I didn't, I exposed myself. In sitting in one spot, wishing rather than moving on and doing, I set standards for myself far below God's standards for my life and I literally have watched life pass me by.

2 Cor 10:12-13 says
We do not dare to classify or compare ourselves with some who commend themselves. When they measure themselves by themselves and compare themselves with themselves, they are not wise. We, however, will not boast beyond proper limits, but will confine our boasting to the field God has assigned to us, a field that reaches even to you.


To cut the long story short, in wanting what others had, in wanting their lives and failing to live my own life, I left the field given to me to till.
In sitting in one position watching others in my field, my life became fallow and so full of weeds that if I were a farmer I would be called wretched by men and of no use to the world as a whole.

So what is it I am trying to say here, we have gifts we have talents, God given. We have lives we have purposes, designed not by us but by God, our specific areas where we are supposed to shine out as lights. I say to myself now what I haven't told myself before now. If I cannot make an impact in my immediate environment be it work, home or even in church, then I am of no use. Why? Because at he end of the day, the money, the cars, the houses, even the children do not give satisfaction, at the end of your life what would be important is not the material wealth, but the impact you have had on the lives around you.

I wrote up some things in the past couple of weeks, things that may be helpful to you when you are down, I pray they do touch someone out there.

Fire burns every time no matter how many times you put your hand in it... Once bitten twice shy, learn your lesson. Getting older or stronger is all in the head, the same things that made you fall initially, can still make you fall today.

Peace that passes all understanding
That peace don't mean trials and tribulations won't come, however it means that you will be able to sleep in storms, walk into lions' dens, be threatened by flames and Goliath's and not fear, not because they can or cannot harm you, but because you know of a truth that you are exactly where God your father wants you to be.



You can cry about heartbreak all day, but in so doing you are breaking your Father's heart. Stop standing still and moaning about the things around you, move forward and your environment will eventually change.



Looking back turns you to a pillar of salt, that in turn will mean that when storms come you will wash away. Look up to Jesus at all times, the author and finisher of our faith...


What you don't know can't hurt you, but then it can... Too much knowledge causes paranoia... Understanding on the other hand means no matter what, you do understand why things are... The peace He gives goes far beyond that, it makes you sleep through storms, walk through flames and sleep with lions. Goliath's are defeated with pebbles, a thousand men by a single man, whole armies by three hundred. Peace that passes all understanding but His, because He knows all.

I'm my search for peace it eluded me, I tried patience for peace, but it didn't bring understanding. I tried long suffering but it only brought me bitterness... I tried praising at all times, but it came from my lips and not my heart, it brought me no joy... I could say I turned to God, but it is a lie... God found me.

Finally people, another thing I learned, magnify your gifts, magnify your talents. If I can make myself look good physically on days when I feel like dirt inside, then surely I can learn to make up my interior.

No comments: