Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

A time to kneel

There is a way that seemeth right to a man, but the end is destruction

It is said that only a fool says in his heart that there is no God.
I am no fool but then the life I live begs to differ.
I perform the daily rituals, every single day.
I pray every morning but my heart is not in it.
I read my bible but it doesn't make sense,
And no, my heart is not in it.
I go to church, but I don't understand anything they say
It doesn’t touch my life in anyway.
So I try to enjoy myself as much as I can,
I do the things that don't make me feel too bad
Been doing so for a while now
I don't feel too happy and it don't make sense
At least though I understand it
It works and I can see it work.
About my empty feeling, more liquor will fill me up
I can't sleep but that pill should do the trick.
I am beset by thoughts all day long,
Tossed around by desires all night,
I feel am headed to a place I just don't know where yet.
And so I live, doing enough to go through each day
Why? Because nothing makes sense anymore
There is a time for everything,
A season for every activity
I have tried the church, I got nothing
I have tried the world and it still don't make sense,
But at least here I get to do what I want..

True talk yes, you have tried religion,
You have tried the world,
Maybe you should try God.
All the signs point to this.
There is a time for everything, a season for all activities.
The season for this stage of your life is past,
Why hold unto it?
There is a time for everything (Eccl 3:1-8)
You have tried plenty things but you have no joy.
You have tried some more but you have no peace.
Perhaps it is time you got on your knees.


But why kneel? I have been to church,
It didn't make any sense,
It is full of people who are a lot like people anywhere else.

True but there are others you fail to mention
The ones you think take it too far
It is one thing to go to church
It is another matter entirely to seek Him
Perhaps it is time to kneel
You have tried religion in the name of God,
You did not understand
You have tried the world which you did understand
You still do not have rest.
Come to me you who is burdened and heavy laden
Come and have rest.
It is me you need and not church you seek


But I pray, a prayer every morning when I can
And every other time I remember.


Yes you do, but what do you do right after?
God sees the heart, sees the intentions,
He knows those who are His,
He cannot be deceived.
Going on your knees is not just a physical act.
It is a sign of submission, true submission,
A sign of brokenness, a true sign that you are ready
A broken spirit and a contrite heart, He will not despise.
Truly it is time to kneel.
Let it all out and then let Him in.
Most importantly, leave Him in,
You have been here at this point before you know how you got here
You know here is not a place you desire to be in again.
Leave Him in, let Him guide you.
He can’t and will not lead you wrong.


Remember your creator in the days of your youth, but to remember you have to find him first..

No comments: