Pages

Friday, April 17, 2009

A silent cry

You can't tell me how I feel until you have walked in my shoes,
I can't tell you how I feel because I don't know you,
YOu can't walk in my shoes unless you love me,
You can't love me unless you know me,
You can't know me unless you have fellowship with me,
T o be my friend, my companion, my brother.

How can you tell me God loves me when you don't?
How can you tell me He cares when you don't?
You walk past me each day,
Sit by me, smile at me,
Your hi's you chat little nothings at me,
No you don't know me.

How can you encourage me if you don't me?
How do you even know what to tell me
When you don't know what I feel?
You keep telling me the wrong things, thinking you are encouraging me,
You are not, and that is because you don't know me.

I ain't looking for a smile, I need a hug,
I ain't looking for encouragement, I need warmth,
I ain't looking for scriptures, I need you to be there for me,
To hear the cry of my heart.
Not for you to cry for me, but with me.

Money don't mean anything to me,
It comes and goes like everything in life.
Fellowship does because when nothing goes right,
The friendship does,
The fellowship does and its all I need.

No comments: