Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The air I breathe, my daily bread...

Been a while since I felt this way, humble, contrite and strangely at peace. A lot has happened recently and is still happening. Found myself struggling to hold on to what I believe, my faith, my principles, to what I know is the truth. Truth be told it was getting really really difficult to get through each day whole, sane.

If you have ever been in my shoes, trying to live right, trying to love God, trying to show him how much you love him. If you have ever been in my shoes, quoting scriptures to give you strength and failing to find strength in them because you have used the same scriptures so many times before, tried to find peace by trying to undo all the wrong you have ever done? You try to follow all the commandments in the bible to the letter, doing it just to appease your moral conscience so you can feel good to congratulate yourself that you are trying. Or do your bit here and there hoping God will sort out the rest, forgive you of your sins so you can just make heaven? Now if you are still here, I aint talking to you, you can stop right here and read no further and I apologise for bringing you this far.
If you have gotten to the stage where you have tried, failed, tried again and again and failed, if you are at a point where you are weary, broken, the point where you are not sure which is right or wrong anymore, then this is for you. I plead with you to search yourself and realise this, you are a son of Adam, your flesh, your body, is carnal, the heart of man is wicked, wicked beyond any describable definition. "YOU CANNOT DO IT ON YOUR OWN". Men have failed before you, men will fail after you. You remember the Pharisees, Saducees? You remember Nicodemus? You cannot just live right by trying on your own to obey the laws of God that your heart is so desperate to disobey, you cannot fight your flesh by doing things in the flesh. You were born of Adam, but you are born again into a newness of life where old things pass away, not an old flesh becoming new flesh, but the flesh dying away totally and a spirit, The spirit of God indwelling in you. This is what kills the desires of the things of old, this indwelling spirit, that helps you to overcome all fleshly desires, not your strength or your might, not the prayers you make every night, or the scripture you read every morning, not the bible you put under your pillow each night when you sleep. Until you get to this point where you understand that nothing you ever do on your own can make you worthy, understand it fully and completely and begin to depend fully on God's spirit indwelling in you, only then can it begin to manifest in you.

This is the air I breathe, your holy presence living in me

My daily bread, your very word spoken to me.

When you can say those words and believe them, say those words and live them. Casting your cares upon the Spirit of God, resting in that Spirit at all times.

  • Get to a point where all that matters to you is the Spirit of God indwelling in you
  • A point where you can confidently say greater is He that is in me than He that is in the world
  • A point where you know that the SPirit of God in you makes your body a temple, a living temple of God, where the Spirit of God becomes an oil to your light shining out to the world.
  • A point where every nature related to the flesh dies a natural death.
  • A point where the spirit and soul can speak via the body and say "Thy will be done on earth in my life as it is in heaven, Give me this day my daily bread" The bread I need to make it through the day, your Spirit indwelling in me Lord, because without it, I am nothing.


Bless a life today, live the life God wants you to live.
You are not alone, never, ever

No comments: