Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Your choice: Your future

Having made the choice to serve, the choice to follow, having made your choice of fellowship, there is only one other thing to talk about and that is your future.
Truth be told even after making all this choices, life is still hard, daily we encounter difficult circumstances, a lot of times we come across different situations and most times we do what human beings do best, We simply freak out. If you have ever gone through a rough patch in life, ever wondered why bad things happen to you at times when you dont believe you deserve it? (By bad things I am not talking about headaches, or cold, I am talking about losing loved ones, losing a job you worked so hard at getting, losing a relationship, things that don't physically hurt, but hurt emotionally, things that hurt your pride, hurt your spirit, make you question yourself, your stand in life, your beliefs) Then you know what I am talking about.
Everytime it happens I find myself raging, angry, wanting to know why, Why did this happen?, what is the reason for this? And in asking this questions most times I have said things I should not have said, done things I should not have done and a lot of times I have found myself worse of than when I first started. Yes, everything I have reacted based on my emotions I have been completely wrong. With all that has happened to me in the past month, I have done everything, from tears, to anger, I have exhibited almost all the emotional qualities known to man, and each time I found myself drawn further and further away from God and I have pushed away almost all the people who care about me. Why? Because even when I knew it was wrong I still wanted to feel that way. Psychiatrists, therapists usually prescribe drugs or remedies for us when we are in such situations. As for me, I have a song (pinched from youtube, but it has worked every single time I used it).



Heart of Worship by Matt Redman: Simply put it is a heart that we should have in times of trouble. Not only does it soothe me, it reminds me of who created me, who I serve and ultimately who is in charge.

A trick? No, because you can't bless God's heart sulking, angry or cursing, you can't bless his heart by complaining about how unjust the world is, you can only bless His heart with yours in worship.

Your choice your future, the way you react to the things around you, peace at heart, peace in the mind, does not come by active seeking, it comes by the way you react to things around you, a guide? Think of the fruits of the spirit love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance you dont live right by selecting just a few of these, it is a package. Need i describe what they do? No they speak very much for themselves. It isnt easy but I don't think there is anywhere in the bible where it is said that it is.
I am not trying to say that you will never get angry or sad, not trying to say that you will never cry, or be hurt. I am trying to say this though that when those times come focus on the one that promised never to leave or forsake you. Focus on the one that said that He is (not will be) with you always even to the end of the world. You can go wrong yes, but you cant stay wrong with that knowledge in your heart. In these recent weeks also I have thought of John 3:16 so many times and recently remebered Romans 8. God so loved the world, so loved you and so loved me that He gave his only begotten Son and nothing, nothing at all can seperate us from that love. Your choice your future to stay with the knowledge of that love, to live under the umbrella of that love, to hold on to the warmth of that love. To stand and above all still stand in the face of adversities, in the face of strife, in the face of pain and still stand. I am not talking of weapons of warfare with the devil here, because most times we are so geared up to face those troubles, so geared up that we fail to remember that although we are sons of God we are human, like He was when He walked the earth, He felt pain, He cried, He was hurt. Not because of the devil, the devil never prevailed against Him, never ever, not once. At all times, in all situations He always looked up to the father, His choice, my choice, your choice, our future. I have learnt the hard way, oh so hard, to look up to Him, when all is stripped away, when I have everything but also when there is nothing else to look up to. He is the air I breathe. His love, His peace, His promise, I have been quick to jump to conclusions, quick to point a finger, quick to do all but accept the truth, that I am all but human, and only God can lead me through. My choice, my future is in His hands, His alone. It has been a long time coming, a hard time coming, I have pushed all away friends loved ones because of my selfish desires but the God pulled me into Him, I fought but He won, like He won on the cross so long ago, my pains, my sorrows, my hurt, my emotions, He took on His shoulders, beaten for my iniquities, crucified for my worldly desires, what other choice do I have but him, what other hope? He is the air I breathe, He is the song I sing, He is the life I want to live, the path I want to walk.



Another song I love, a song I listen to every night before I sleep, a song that reminds me of who I am and what I should be. A song for you...

To all I hurt, to all I have pushed away in times past, an apology would be far from adequate, God's love however covers all, and my heart goeas out to you, my prayers do as well. I thank you for all you have been to me,all that you still are to me. I love you all.

And may the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God and the ever sweet fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you;
  • With you when you show love, love to your brother, your neighbour, even as much as you love yourself (1 Cor 13:4-8). Your choice, your future.
  • With you when nothing seems to be going right, when your life is shattered, when you hurt so much that it seems like you can;t go on when all that is happening and you are still patient on his word, patient on his promises, patient even when everything still goes wrong, holding on, never straying, holding on always keeping your mind on the cross and the reason for it. Your choice, your future.
The last part of the grace says now and forever more. Not for five minutes, not here today and gone tomorrow, not helping yesterday and today and on a break for the next couple of weeks, it starts now, the moment you say and believe it, the moment you say it and hold on to it, from that moment, forever more.
His love, HIs promise, my hope my future, your choice, your future. I have learnt through no easy ways, I have learnt with my mistakes oh so many mistakes I have made. There is only one way; Easy it isn't but worth it? Totally. My choice my future. I am holding on to it.

1 comment:

Somze said...

Not seen you on facebook for a while, where are you?