Pages

Friday, May 15, 2009

If my people...

So am seating here with nothing on my mind but thoughts, many thoughts. And I can't help but wonder, as a christian how am I helping my generation, am I shining out as a light, representing as an ambassador, or am I living like everybody else(living for myself)?
.
In life everyday, we see people come and go, in life we get hurt so many times in so many different ways, and human nature is such that we keep everything stored deep within, nursing the hurt, nursing the pain. Others let it out in different ways, anger, tears, sorrow, weeping, you know the drill, we are human I know, and we all get to do the pain thing every now and then, but the greatest example I have seen of faith and strength was shown me by my mother (God bless her soul), an she showed me how a true believer should act in times of trouble in times of pain. By prayer, with love, faith and hope.

2 Chronicles 7:14 was at a new era, a new beginning for the children of Israel, a house, a temple was being built for God on earth, and God made a promise to them. "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land".

A breakdown of this verse to me
1. If my people who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face: Before now I never bothered to think of what that means till today. Humble means submissive respect and it is the way they were supposed to come to God, a way to show that they really needed Him, in summary humbling themselves and praying meaning acknowledging that it was God first and showing it by the way they approached His presence.
2. Turn from their wicked ways: I wonder why the word wicked was used, and the word from Jer 17:9 came to mind. Our hearts as humans are naturally desperately wicked, it i sour very nature, the only way we can change it is by doing number 1.
3. then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land: A land that could be besieged by drought, famine and disease. In plain english, no water, food and lots of disease. Now note was this verse says, I will heal their sin FIRST and then heal their land.

Am writing this not to judge or point fingers but to open your hearts to ask questions of yourself. This was said at a point where a temple was being built for the first time in Israel. Not a tent anymore but a whole house, not moving a constant place where the Israelites could seek God's face. Today, we all are temples of God, no need to travel anywhere to seek God's face anytime and anywhere we can go to Him for help. Our land may not be hit by famine, disease or drought not in the terms of those days. But we have people thirsting for love, thirsting for fellowship a place they can belong, we have people lost, falling into snares the world society, has set out for them.

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land"
It starts with you, your total repentance, your pursuit of His presence. He will forgive your sins, and through you, He will heal your land.

To end it on this note, I leave you with some verses written by the wisest man ever.
Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths".

When He directs your path, you can never go wrong, humble yourselves and seek His face.

With Love...
Touch a life today, and live the life God wants you to live.

No comments: