Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Do not compromise being good!!!

There come times when I get tired of being good, tired of trying to live right, and am not talking of falling back into sin, am talking of putting yourself out there for people. The ones you know and the ones you don't. Times when you are just tired of it all and want to be left alone. Something someone said or did, or didn't say or do. It is annoying the first few times and then it gets tiring.
Remembered a passage this morning, searched for it and thought to share it this morning.

Galatians 6:9-10

9. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
10. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

Just a thought, I don't know what everyone is going through at the moment, but if you do get tired, think of a man crying at the Garden of Gethsemane, while His disciples slept, think of a man sweating blood this morning, for you and for me, for no other reason than this; there was no one else worthy enough for that purpose.
We are representatives of that suffering, representatives of the results of that suffering. So people let us not compromise being good at all times, not for our sakes but for the sake of He who came down to die for us, who came down to save us. Today, tomorrow and always, everywhere we set foot, as we do have the opportunity.

Now some may ask like I do, What of me?? I have problems too, how come no one ever sees my problems and my needs? The bible says whatever you sow you reap, and that we should do unto others as we want them to do unto us. Now I say, God sees, he hears your cry, he understands your need and He is working to sort you out in His time. "Let God use you to sort the need of others and let God worry about who to choose to sort out your needs when He sees the time is right".

It is hard I know but it is possible. When I think of how hard it is right now, I remember Joseph, it took a while but the good he did, in potiphars house, all the hard work and the labour, got him in jail. He never gave up, he did not compromise being good, he helped paharoah's cup bearer and was forgotten, he did not compromise being good. At the end he was remembered, at the exact time he was needed. I dont know if y'all thought of this but if he had come out of jail at any other time apart from when he did, He would not have become the prime minister of Egypt.
Truth is you never know. You never know when the good you do today will be rewarded of if it ever will be, what is for sure is that when it is, it is usually no ALWAYS worth the wait.

1 comment:

Somze said...

It is not immediate most times but it surely comes. Some guy once helped me open my gate (which is really troublesome) as I was driving in. Months after, or at least weeks after, I gave a guy a lift over a short distance because the sun was really hot. This guy happened to be the same guy. I don't remember faces so I had no way of knowing who I was helping, the guy explained during the course of the journey that he had helped me earlier.

No good deed goes unrewarded. Even something as minute as helping someone hold open a troublesome gate.