Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

The great banquet!!

The Parable of the Great Banquet(Luke 14:15-24)
It was compared to the kingdom of heaven, and as we all know God has prepared a banquet for us in heaven, us christians, and what are we doing? We are leaving the invitation and getting caught up by things that really shouldn't matter to us. A lot of us are caught up by the glamour and glitter, the things that don't matter. Caught up by chasing what we want and not understanding that in walking with God, He will provide all we need. A lot of times we start out right, we start out following the will of God for our lives and then somewhere along the line we fall out and start following personal interests contrary to the will of God. Those interests don't have to be wrong in our eyes; but the words of the Lord's prayer we so often say is our judge "Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven". A lot of times we start out right, but due to difficulties we encounter, we change our perspective to accomodate those difficulties. We attempt to make things easier in the long run, by closing our eyes or our ears to the obvious, by adopting the see, hear and speak; not no evil but against some evils.
Could it be that we are missing out on the feast being prepared for us in heaven? A feast we have known about right from the day we gave our lifes to christ. Could it be that we could be missing out on the day we have most certainly been invited; to go seek out something of more value to us than Him?
Jesus said the harvest is plentiful but the labourers are few and that many are called but few are eventually chosen.
I look around me and within me and sometimes it makes me really sad, I constantly check the state of my heart, my motives and the reason behind all I do, checking to see if it is God-driven or me-driven. I look around and I see the opposite of what Jesus Christ commanded us (to go and be a light to the world that they may see and glorify our Father in heaven), I see articles about the church, the body of Christ trying to conform to the world and while I would like to stand up and scream out, these words quietly whisper to me "he who says he has no sin should cast the first stone". And i don't know whether these same words stop us a lot of times from speaking out but then I know this now, it is one thing to judge and it is an entirely different matter to stand for what is right.
Where is your heart? Where is your mind? Where do you lay your foundation? Where do you store your treasure?

Two passages to share which I pray summarises all

Col 2:6-8. Walk in what you received at the beginning, hold unto it. He who follows the will of God is seen as one who builds his house on a rock (on a strong secure foundation)

6 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him,
7
rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.
8
See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ.

Matthew 10:32 & 33. Acknowledging Him does not mean just saying He is God, but acknowledging all He stands for.

32"Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven. 33But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven.

You hold the invitation in your hand, what you do with it is in your hand as well. The time is now, not tomorrow, not yesterday. It is right now, everyday.

Let my light so shine before men, that they may see Christ in me,
Christ in me and not me myself, because I can do nothing,
Because I was a wretched sinner, made whole by your love,
Made whole by your grace and in you I am made strong.
Not my will but yours be done, teach me your path, So i can walk in it daily.

My prayer tonight, my prayer for you. You have been given the invitation, come share in the joy of the Lord...


Jaidi...

No comments: