Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Leave it all to Him...

Today in the world we see people (by people I mean all of us), judging the world by the things they do, looking down on them. Calling everything they do wrong, bad, unholy and the like. Everything they do is bad and they are sinners, everything apart from the things we do along with them. I read the above stated passage and I thought about what they all do. They go to clubs to dance, have their nights out. We look at them and condemn them but because we can't do all they do, we go home, listen to the same music and try as much as possible to not have as good a time as they are having. Just using that as an example, there are countless others. But then how are you and I different?

Ephesians 2:14 - 21(NIV)
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=55&chapter=2&version=31
14 When I saw that they were not acting in line with the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter in front of them all, "You are a Jew, yet you live like a Gentile and not like a Jew. How is it, then, that you force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs?
15 "We who are Jews by birth and not 'Gentile sinners'
16 know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.
17 "If, while we seek to be justified in Christ, it becomes evident that we ourselves are sinners, does that mean that Christ promotes sin? Absolutely not!
18 If I rebuild what I destroyed, I prove that I am a lawbreaker.
19 For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God.
20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
21 I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"[d]

What am I trying to say here? We look at the world as christians and all it holds, the music, the partying, the dressing and while we claim to condemn them, we secretly love them. So how does that give us the right to condemn them? This brings to mind something I wrote some time ago, something the above passage makes me remember, something about life and love.

LIFE and LOVE

You look at the junkie and see a drug addict,
I see a person trying to shut out his world,
The heartache, lost job, child abuse.
Shutting out with drugs cos he don't know better.
You look at the prostitute and see her vices,
I see a young girl, trapped by the conditions around her,
A poor broken home, inability to get a job,
We look down on them,
And to make ourselves feel better We call it Life
Condemn the sin but not the person
That is love.
Seeing the wrong in you,
Before checking the wrong in others,
That is love
Something we all know but often never show,

I see the parable of the good samaritan,
Acted out almost everyday,
But acted without the samaritan involved.
By me and by many others around me.
Voicing out love but never showing it,
Both to God and man,
To our brothers, Even brothers in Christ
To make ourselves feel better
We call it Life

Imagine the Son of a King,
Not a king on earth but the King of all,
Come down on earth to walk with men,
Born not of a palace, not by a midwife,
Born not even among men, but amidst animals.
You see the junkie, prostitute, the murderer,
You see sinners, call them evil,
I see the baby in the manger,
Born to a tearful, grateful mother,
Born to a joyful father, Who was not even the true father,
Born to a joyful open heaven
I see the baby in the manger,
Born to die that we all can live.
That is Love!!!

You see the junkie, prostitute, the murderer,
You call them sinners, call them evil,
I see a Son forsaken by His Father,
I see pain, borne because of love.
Truth be told at that moment,
The moment our Saviour screamed out "It is finished"
He was a prostitue, a thief, a liar, A junkie, rapist, call it, think it,
The very embodiment of sin.
At that moment people,
what He was, what He did,
That is Life!!!

As you can see there is nothing new under the sun. What we see in the world today has gone on before now, back in the day. Now my question to y'all is this. If with all this going on back in the day, christians were able to do the great things they did, what are we doing today? You don't have to let your shadow heal the sick, you don't have to be Peter, you don't have to do a dissapearing act like Phillip. All you have to be is what God wants you to be.

A long while ago I would have said condemn the sin and the person,
Not too long ago I would have said condemn the sin and not the person.
Now all I say is, love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and might.
Leave it all to Him, He sees, He knows, He hears. Just trust, obey and follow.

No comments: