Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2009

The way that seems right...

The way that seemeth right to a man, the end leads to destruction (Proverbs 14:12)... A scripture my dad often reminded me of as a young boy growing up and till date it runs through my head at least every day (no lies), I add to that the scripture that the foolishness of God is wiser than men (1Cor 1:25) (and I would love to say that the wisdom of God is foolishness to men) and you have a very good decision making pattern. And am not talking of d obvious decisions like reading to pass or working for bread, I am talking of the puzzling decisions of life.

Who chooses to stay in a wilderness over staying in plush land? That was like picking hardship over comfort. Abraham did and at the end, Lot lost everything and Abraham gained a lot in return for making perhaps the silliest decision he had ever had to make and it was right after then that God made His promise to Abraham (Genesis 13)…

Simple instructions were given to Saul and he went ahead and did all that he was supposed to, all but some. And it cost him his kingdom (1Samuel 15)

It was a simple decision to make, eat the meals provided for you. One problem though they had been offered to the gods of the land first. Well I would have said pray over the food before you eat it, but then Daniel and his friends didn’t, and they were the only ones among all their brethren to do so. What happened after was a result of the choice they made from the beginning (Daniel 1).

He was a son of one of the High priests of the land meaning good education, sound upbringing with the customs and laws of the land at the very least. Not much has been said about his life as a child but I want to dare to assume as much. However he left it all to stay in the wilderness dressed in camel’s hair. Eating “wild” honey and locusts wouldn’t have been Zechariah or Elizabeth’s ideal life for their son. What many of us in these days would call foolishness of the highest order.

So many examples written of old and seen today in the lives of people around us, so many of which have been laughed at but have turned out to not only be the right thing but have exceeded all expectations. Reading the book of Ecclesiastes made me realize why Solomon could be called the wisest man on earth, not just because of his God given brains but because he tried everything I could ever want to try as a young man, and he called it all foolishness, everything but the fear of God. I don’t know how many times I have ended up in the wrong place for paths I took not because I didn’t know what to do but because what to do was so silly I decided not to. I have however been on the right path a number of times as well not because I wanted to, but because after a long struggle against the right thing I was put into so many unforeseen circumstances I had to make the silly choice.

The way that seemeth right to a man, the end is destruction. It is better to trust in the foolishness of God than in the wisdom of men.



There are always two sides to a story,
The part I see and the part you see,
Don't judge me until you walk in my shoes,
for some, the shoes are comfy,
For many others, the shoes do hurt.
Simple question rarely if ever asked,
Who got you the shoes you are wearing?
Where they gotten by chance?
Or did you pick and try them out first,
Before putting them on?

They say once bitten twice shy,
But then why flirt around the same issues?
You already know what happens at the end
Humans adapt they say,
So y flirt the exact same way u did,
Three, four, five times ago?
O Lord your grace is sufficient for me,
Even when I willingly sin just 3 times more.
Christ died once to save u from your sins.
You have been saved once already,
Y go through the process again?
He is faithful and just to cleanse me,
Again and again? 70*7?
Even d prodigal son repented just once.

You say u serve, but are so quick to turn,
Turn when things seem difficult,
When you seem to put up with things so unfair.
True you can complain of your rights...
But after you have been whipped and scourged,
Hung on a cross and left for dead,
Abandoned by all you know in your hour of need,
And still not uttered a word?
Then you can boldly say you know the difference
The difference between right and wrong
The reward is not on earth but in heaven.
The ones on earth are just by-products.
By-products not the final goal.
There are many ways for a man,
There is however only one way with God.
His way, your choice. His service, His choice

No comments: