Pages

Saturday, October 17, 2009

When God says I am...

I was sitting at home when the words came to me, "I am". Two words God used to describe Himself not once but over and over again. Have you ever wondered why it is always this statement; "I am the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob"? It is never I was the God but now I will be your God. That statement mentioned over and over again. God has not changed, he never will. The same promises made back in the day, still apply to us.
Genesis 15:1, God says to Abram, I am thy shield and thy exceeding great reward. God promises Abram a child which He got 25 years later. 25 years of walking in faith.
Genesis 17:1, God says to Abram, I am the Almighty God; walk before me and be thou perfect. God promises Abraham many children, many nations and the land he was standing on. A promise Abraham never saw with his eyes.
What am I saying here because am not writing to say bedtime stories.
Look at your hands as you read this, those hands you may have wondered about; are they good enough? Can they do the work? You think you know what them hands are capable of? Moses had a staff, for a long time it was used for everyday purposes and Moses thought he knew what that staff could do. When God opened his eyes, Moses fled (Exodus 4:3). A dried up staff, but after God spoke, after He said "I am", situations changed. Look at those hands again, do you know what they are capable of? Sure you do but surely your maker knows better.
Situations are getting difficult, seems there is no way out of this one. For once you are truly and fully stuck, stuck because listening to God put you in all this trouble? Am not talking about Joseph, I am talking about you and me. That used to be a difficult thing for me to truthfully say in times of trouble (thank God for grace) mainly because I thought I was wise but then that is another story. It is the one thing Moses had going for him when he was faced with the red sea and had Egyptians coming up from behind. Moses cried out for help and God answered immediately., not by pouring fire from heaven, but by asking Moses to use the same staff he had used before.
Now to get to the point because there are so many stories in the bible...
When God says I am, He can turn situations around,
Gideon and Moses situations, where you feel you are of no use and that where you are is good enough for you.
Red sea situations, where it seems there is no other way for you to go but up, to cry out to Him
Elijah, Job and Jonah situations, where you are so frustrated that you practically want to end your life. Not just by killing yourself but by going back on all you have stood for so far. Curse God and die? God forbid. Having done all to stand then please still stand.
It goes far beyond the circumstances and situations we find ourselves in and dives deep into the lives we live because faith goes beyond the words we speak and goes into the very lives we live to back it up.
When God says I am, its not just about staffs turning into snakes or red seas parting, its not just about fishmode transportation or signs and wonders, it goes far beyond that. It involves my representation of that statement "I AM". A child of God, a heir of the father in deeds and not just in words, in spirit and in truth. The statement that I also AM, like my Father is, everyday of my life, going out to preach the gospel, that Christ died for me and that this is my testimony...

What I was that I am no longer,
What I AM that I was not before.
A child, a son, a heir.
Not through the words I speak,
But through the life I live..

2 comments:

la~pimpette said...

Its SO Nice to see that there are still people that actually have blogs like this... You inspire me not be just a Christian by name alone but to actually live the life of one... Thank you!

la~pimpette said...

to**